Granola Winner
Ok, so that whole granola giveaway didn't work as well as the coffee one. Hmmmm. Only one entry. It sure is a good thing that it was an awesome entry!
Congratulations to Sharon! You are hilarious! Part of me really wants to go camping with you, and the other part of me just kicked that part in the knee really hard. Email me at melanie.duve@gmail.com with your address so I can send you some amazing granola!
Here is her story, in case you missed it!
My ex-husband (patience, clues to follow) was a camping nut. Needless to say, being interested in other of his stuff, I decided I could learn and like this camping thing. He planned this elaborate honeymoon ... freeze dried food (food? in packets?? - this was back in the 80's, so you can imagine the quality of said food.) He used words like "base camp" and "100 pound pack, max" and "bears" and "mountain lions".
I was game, I swear I was.
I think things really started falling apart on the ten mile hike back down to the "base camp". Or, it may have been the adolescent black bear that I came face to face with as I rounded the corner of our "trail tent" clinging to my sparse roll of toilet paper in the middle of the night. One of us had more fear than the other and I'm not sure it wasn't the bear.
Did I forget to mention that I bought new hiking shoes for this "adventure"?
Well, the blisters won one day right in the middle of this godforsaken trail and something snapped ....I threw off my pack and lay down in the middle of the trail in the dirt, imitated an old mule and said "Enough! I quit." Nothing he could say could convince me to do anything more than carry anything more than my tired old carcass down the trail, with him carrying my pack and his.
I have had moments in thinking back where I've felt like a total shit for doing that, and I have had few moments of such stubbornness in my life since.
Yes, the marriage failed. Writ large that day? Probably so ...
Congratulations to Sharon! You are hilarious! Part of me really wants to go camping with you, and the other part of me just kicked that part in the knee really hard. Email me at melanie.duve@gmail.com with your address so I can send you some amazing granola!
Here is her story, in case you missed it!
My ex-husband (patience, clues to follow) was a camping nut. Needless to say, being interested in other of his stuff, I decided I could learn and like this camping thing. He planned this elaborate honeymoon ... freeze dried food (food? in packets?? - this was back in the 80's, so you can imagine the quality of said food.) He used words like "base camp" and "100 pound pack, max" and "bears" and "mountain lions".
I was game, I swear I was.
I think things really started falling apart on the ten mile hike back down to the "base camp". Or, it may have been the adolescent black bear that I came face to face with as I rounded the corner of our "trail tent" clinging to my sparse roll of toilet paper in the middle of the night. One of us had more fear than the other and I'm not sure it wasn't the bear.
Did I forget to mention that I bought new hiking shoes for this "adventure"?
Well, the blisters won one day right in the middle of this godforsaken trail and something snapped ....I threw off my pack and lay down in the middle of the trail in the dirt, imitated an old mule and said "Enough! I quit." Nothing he could say could convince me to do anything more than carry anything more than my tired old carcass down the trail, with him carrying my pack and his.
I have had moments in thinking back where I've felt like a total shit for doing that, and I have had few moments of such stubbornness in my life since.
Yes, the marriage failed. Writ large that day? Probably so ...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home